Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Attitude Adjustment

   I'm going to make a concerted effort this year to maintain a positive attitude no matter what. I'm also planning to return to my weekly blog posts starting today. Regardless of how I feel, words will be written, whether for this blog or one of my stories.
   It has been far too easy lately to let my depression overcome my ability to function the way I want to. If that doesn't change, I'll die of old age before the next story ever gets finished. Although there probably aren't many, I have to believe at least a few folks are looking forward to the next installments in the series I started.
   To accomplish this I have decided to make some changes in how I spend my time. First of all, I am going to limit my time on Google Plus. The writing communities there have become ghost towns, whereas the groups on FB are flourishing. My google stream has become nothing but political BS, and I'm tired of it. It's been a year people, grow up and get over it.
   That time will now be spent on writing, whether I feel like it or not. This will be a major change for me as I've only picked up a pen when the mood struck. Obviously that isn't working. I must find a way to get more words down on paper. If I could wrap my head around the idea of being a plotter, I might even try that, but for now I'll remain a pantster.
   I don't want to lose the many wonderful friends I've gotten to know on Google so I will continue to check in from time to time and comment when I can.
   I also plan to make more of an effort to get my stories in the hands of readers this year. More paperbacks will be ordered, and more deals run on Amazon. So in that vein, for the next two days, my e-books will be free for download on Amazon. If you haven't already, please check them out and leave me a review, good or bad. It's always nice to hear when your story works, but I can never improve if I don't know what I'm doing wrong.
   Thanks for reading.

 https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=dp_byline_sr_ebooks_1?ie=UTF8&field-author=Roland+Boykin&search-alias=digital-text&text=Roland+Boykin&sort=relevancerank

No comments:

Post a Comment