Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Are You Looking For A Local Critique Group?

For months now I have been looking for a local writers critique group that I could join to get some feedback on my work. I have talked to several other writers who belong to a group already but wanted to keep their group small so they weren't accepting anyone new. Finally a friend of a friend told me about a local group that is always willing to accept new members. I went to my first meeting last night and was pleasantly surprised. Even though there are actually several hundred members, only eight to ten people normal show up on any given night. The people that were there were very knowledgeable and professional but in all stages of writing careers. I had a lot of fun and also learned a lot. What surprised me and what I want to pass on is they belong to nationwide critique group that has thousands of location all over the country. Just go to their website, type in your city and a list of the nearest groups to your location will pop up. Join up and you are on your way. Good luck!

www.meetup.com

No comments:

Post a Comment