Wednesday, April 15, 2015

On The Road To Finding My Joy.

   This is a follow up to last week's post.
   First of all, I would like to thank everyone who commented, and offered suggestions or encouragement. It's been a tremendous lift to my spirits, knowing that people care.
   I have tried to take some of those suggestions to heart this last week, focusing on things not related to reading and writing. Since it's spring, the flower beds needed attention, so I have been weeding and planting new flowers. My wife and I have spent our evenings playing old Xbox and PS2 games. I'm one of those people who dislike watching TV or movies. However, I did dig out a bunch of old home movies of us doing things that I enjoyed, like drag racing, going to the ocean, and spending time with the grandkids when they were little.
   To be honest, I began to worry that writing was not something I really wanted to do. But over the last couple of days, story ideas kept popping up in my head, and the temptation was there to write them down. Maybe tomorrow or Friday, I will try and write down one of those ideas while ignoring my inner editor, and just write it the way I want to. If I do, it'll show up as my Saturdayscene.
   I've also decided to make an effort to write a blog post every week, just to engage with others. These will be thoughts on my life or past, and nothing to do with writing. Maybe once I've actually published something that others have read, I will have a reason to talk about my writing, and interact with those readers. I have made a commitment to post a new chapter every week on WattPad in the novella I'm writing, so that will continue.
   Again, I want to thank everyone who responded to my post last week. It helped!

No comments:

Post a Comment