Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Tis The Season

   This the time of year when we anticipate joyous family get togethers, share Christmas cards with friends and relatives we haven't spoken to all year, and give thanks for all that we have. It is also that time of year when we must accept the fact that some of those friends and family members are no longer available to share in the joy of the holidays.


   At my age, this is happening with greater frequency. This year alone, I have lost a favorite uncle, two dear cousins, a number of high school classmates and several of my shipmates from the Navy. I will always regret the missed opportunities to tell them how much they meant to me and to reminisce over old times.


   Don't let this opportunity pass you by and end up as a regret. Reach out to old friends and family members this holiday season. Instead of just sending a generic card with a signature, add a little note inside, especially for your elderly family members. You have no idea how much of a blessing it is for the elderly to receive hand written letters or notes letting them know they are not forgotten.


   In closing, I would like to wish a very Merry Christmas to all of my online friends, not in an attempt to highlight my faith, but for me, it is the most meaningful expression of my appreciation for the new friends I have found here and my heartfelt desire to see you all blessed in some way.

No comments:

Post a Comment