Saturday, June 15, 2013

Get out and make new friends, they will enrich your life.

I just recently signed up for a two week course to become certified as a Home Care Aide. I was apprehensive at first because I have not attended any kind of classroom instruction in over 30 years and I am usually a little uncomfortable meeting strangers. I must say that it became one of the most enjoyable experiences of my life. The diversity of the other students in the class was amazing. I believe that in only a few short weeks I have made several life long friends. Of course it was also a perfect opportunity to share some of my writing with the class and get some new ideas for my stories. Hopefully I also gained not only some new friends but followers of my work. That is what we are all striving for, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment