Thursday, April 9, 2020

It's Official

                                                           The Arches of Rineron


   I can finally say I'm officially writing again. I told myself I wouldn't post another blog until that time so here I am. It's been happening off and on for about a week now. I'm sure it'll take a while before I can be consistent again, but I'm almost finished with the next chapter in the second book of the "Queen of Darkness" series. There are still days where I set up my notebook, grab a pen, and then just stare. The blank page simply a reflection of my mind. Now if I can just continue and finish this WIP, that'll be great!
   Over the last year of not posting, a number of folks have continued to check my blog maybe hoping to find something new. I certainly appreciate your dedication and promise I will try to give you something new every week like I used to. Please hang in there with me as I try to re-order my life.
   One thing I'd like to mention is the results of my free e-book giveaway several weeks ago. The few places I posted always contained the link and a picture of my epic fantasy, "The Pain of Compassion". However, my novella, "The Princess and the Apprentice" out performed the epic 2 to 1. I wish I had some idea why folks chose the novella over the full length epic.
   The results of the giveaway did bring me a pleasant surprise. I don't normally check my numbers on Amazon, but when I looked to see how my promotion was going, I saw that someone was reading my short story, "Arizona" on their Prime account so I checked Amazon and found that someone from the UK had read the story last summer and left a wonderful 5-star review. That has always been one of my favorite short stories, and I wish I could figure out a way to get more people to read it. No new reviews on the other stories yet, but hopefully I'll see a few in the coming weeks.
   After I have written more new material, I'll start sharing snippets again
  Thanks for reading and stay safe!

   The picture is a drawing I made of what I think the arches look like that Navon has to enter in "The Pain of Compassion"

No comments:

Post a Comment